Thursday, May 07, 2009

Half-Iron!!!

I did it! I completed my first triathlon. And not just any triathlon, mind you, but a half-ironman that is regarded as the toughest half-ironman in the country. Heck yes!

I finished the course in just over 8 hours, which is a fairly long time, so I can't exactly say that I spanked it, but given that this was my first time tri-ing, I'm pretty pleased with finishing it at all.

Details on the course:

--1.2 mile swim: took me 45 mins. not too shabby. feeling good.

That's me on the right, coming out of the water.



--56 mile bike: took me 4 hours and 22 mins, including changing my flat tire. Not bad, but legs were sore & tired after this. What, I now have to run 13 miles?!

Still feelin' good (before I got a flat tire).


--13 mile run: 2 hours and 49 mins. super slow. legs hurting. hard to keep running. alternated with walking, especially up the steep hills.

Yay! I finally get to stop!
BTW, it took me 8 hours (not 9:23 showing on the clock).

Running across the finish line: priceless! (especially since you get to stop moving at that point)

2 comments:

FinnyKnits said...

You're a champ!!

The fact you could even muster a smile at that point makes you my new hero.

When I'm climbing hills in Seattle during the half marathon, I'll remind myself that you did that AFTER swimming and biking 57 miles.

Congrats :)

Brandon said...

That's pretty impressive, congratulations.