Thursday, September 03, 2009

Land of Sunshine (and cleavage)

Last weekend, I visited my Little Bro in Santa Barbara. He got a job at a company that makes and installs wind turbines, so he and his girlfriend moved down there. I kinda miss having him nearby, but I get his decision to go with the good job and the perpetual sunshine.


Rough day, huh?


We mostly hung out at the beach and wandered around the downtown, trying to find decent food. What's up with Santa Barbara have no good restaurants? You would think that a fancy town like that could pull together a decent cafe or something. Honestly, the best thing going on there is the Pinkberry (which I love, btw. And they are offering coconut flavor froyo this summer, so OMG get your ass over there!).

Also, what is up with the aggressive displays of cleavage? I guess that is a SoCal thing. I had to avert my eyes so often, I ended up just looking down at the sidewalk to play it safe. And behold! As I was looking down, I saw fire hydrants made of gold:


Yo, Santa Barbara is so fancy, even the fire hydrants are made of gold.


Other highlights of the trip: when a pigeon crapped on my shoulder while I was eating breakfast, and when Lola got completely wiped out by a wave and subsequently refused to go back in the water. Good times.

Thanks to Little Brother for hosting me!

1 comment:

FinnyKnits said...

Oh no! The big wave dog surfer got pummeled! She's still my hero after seeing her expertly maneuver on those waves in Half Moon Bay. Really, the cutest.