Monday, July 31, 2006

Land o lakes

My last two weekends have been devoted to lake funtime. Two weekends ago (the one that was so hot that I thought the Rapture had come), I escaped the heat by heading up to an alpine lake about 7000 feet high up in the mountains. I'm not going to tell you where this lake is because it was already crowded enough there, and I don't want any more people "discovering" it. Dammit people, stay out of my unspoiled wilderness! Here, you can see why:



Anyway, even up at 7000 feet, it was still a toasty 87 degrees, but the water was mighty fine. I went with a friend whose name will also not be revealed because I don't want to share him with all y'all either. That's just the greedy kind of girl I am. Anyway, what is it about swimming in a lake that is so freakin nice? I absolutely love it. I get that dumbass dreamy look on my face and don't have a care in the world and all that crap.

Turned out that the next weekend was the big houseboating weekend that some friends had been planning for a while. So I drove up to Shasta Lake on Friday afternoon with Shantal and another girl. This lake experience was a bit different, as it involved 12 people on a houseboat with a hot tub, a water slide, ridiculous amounts of food and drink, an enormous stereo system, and a full-fledged flip cup competition on the second night. Which of course my team (me and two other girls) won. Let me tell you, the guys on that boat were put to shame. Here's the deck where the magic happened:



I think we're going to make this an annual event. And hopefully an annual flip cup ass-whupping. So let me know if you want to come along. On the Shasta trip only - you don't get to come to the other lake.

No comments: