Monday, July 31, 2006

The REAL way to use olallieberries

Apparently this is what you're really supposed to do with Olallieberries:


In case you can't tell from my awesome photo, it's a jar of black liquid, with a big pile of soggy berries at the bottom. So when Paul (a coworker) initially gave it to me, I was understandably skeptical. Turns out that it is actually Olallieberry brandy, a concoction of berries, brandy and sugar, all marinating together for my enjoyment. Mmmmm. Apparently Paul's roomie is related to the owners of the olallieberry farm that I went to a couple of weekends ago, so he is the beneficiary of about a metric ton of olallieberries every year. He doesn't waste his time making them into pies - he makes costco amounts of brandy. When it comes to olallieberries, this is a man in the know, so I am going to take a wild guess that this stuff is pretty damn good. He recommends first sipping the brandy and then when you're good and toasted, dumping a bunch of the berry mush over ice cream. Sounds like a swell time to me. Thanks Paul and Paul's roomie! You kick ass.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Oh, he makes pies too. They're yummy!