Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I biked to the top of Mt. Tam!

Last Saturday, I joined the Mission Cycling gang on a ride up to the top of Mt. Tam. I was not sure whether I would make it the whole way, since I have never really climbed up a mountain on my bike before, but I figured I could turn around at any point and coast home if I needed to. But I was feeling pretty good that morning, so by the time I started getting really tired, I was only a few miles from the summit, and decided to just go for it. 

I made it!!!

Granted, I fell off my bike in the parking lot once I got there, but that's beside the point. Also, I didn't bring my camera, so I wasn't able to capture the moment, but it was really a beautiful day and some Mission Cycling peeps took pictures that you can see here: http://www.missioncycling.org/wp/?p=468

I thought I would never want to do it again, but... I kinda want to do it again. 

No comments: