Saturday, February 25, 2006

Courtship Foul

Guys, let me give you a little tip. If you want to tell a girl that you like her, you should probably tell her directly, before blasting it to all her friends over email. Witness this recent email, which was sent to all of 8 people (including me) who are all trying to plan a trip to Italy together:

"> I'm just taking this opportunity to say hi to Julie, who I thought was really
> cute when I met her so very briefly in SF the other weekend.
> Oh yeah, the trip... Tuscany's fine w/ me, esp. given the cost difference...."

Of course, this prompted all kinds of well-deserved mockery from the other people on the thread. But I can't help but wonder why this person (whose name will be not be divulged) would send this statement in his "reply to all"? I'm sure I will never hear the end of it - this will no doubt provide endless amusement for the other people on the trip. Which I guess is allright, because you gotta admit, it is pretty funny.

PS: I forgot to give due credit to Dave for coining the term "courtship foul". I'm not that clever.

No comments: